Thursday, November 23, 2006

prompt 3

Prompt 3: Fri 17th NovPreparation
Hymn: On Jordan's Bank
[COLOR="Purple"]Still thinking of John the Baptist preparing the way for Christmas, how do YOU feel when the Christmas season starts? Does it fill you with dread (crowds, rush, cost ...) or with joy (family, presents, happiness) - is it a mixture of the two? (Focus today on the FEELINGS not the activities you do)[/COLOR]
Father, as we approach Christmas, grant us peace from the busy-iness of the world, heal the sorrows in our hearts & grant us a renewed joy at the hope that comes each year as we remember the greatest gift of all. Amen



I feel a great Joy as we get closer to Christmas!!
I have always had a hectic Christmas - as a child we would visit families and friends and it was always a time of family.

Now that I have my own family, it's fantastic to see the way the kiddies love the season.
I am going to try to keep my mind on the reason for the season and not get too stressed. Working in a store, you do get bogged down with Christmas stresses, Orders...... turkeys...... made tills.... irate customers....... But I'll just be happy in the knowledge that myt kiddies will be getting some nice things from me with my wages!!

No comments: