Monday, September 27, 2010

WTW - Tootin About Treat and Gift Holders

Fabby Treat Holder challenge. Loved the example and will making some soon but as I had some cookies to package up I made my Treat Holder bigger.

Used one of my fave anya stamps and coloured the hair using a technique from colour me copic,

I seem to have lost one of my circle nestie so had to use a smaller one which made the scallop frame too big.... hunph bet the nestie is hiding with my extended bigshot plate AND my gypsy to cricut lead BAHHHHH!!!!


As an aside, I love love LOVE copics but a lot of mine dried out and many are on their way out, with limited cash, earlier in the year I thought I'd try promarkers, now I had tried them in a shop but they didn't blend in to each other..... so I thought but I realised months later that I hadn't waited till the ink dried to see the finished results.... how silly did I feel??? very haaaaaaa
Can't believe all the deals I passed up at craft shows ahemmm.
Anyhoooo.... as I was saying, earlier in the year the promarker 5 sets were on a bargain offer and I thought "Why not try them??" so I did, now I love the results you get from them and have lots of colours but I still LOVE my copics... so I use them both.

I started to try different effects using both markers to compare.

Here's the "feathered hair" look:

copic on bigger piece, promarker on smaller. I must say, the copic "skin" colours are nicer than promarkers, I find PM's make skin look dull.

No comments: