Monday, December 4, 2006

Prompt 18: Sat 2nd Dec

Prompt 18: Sat 2nd Dec
Is 9 v6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

This is one of the most widely used of all readings at Christmas. Which of the titles used here means the most to you? Is there one you can relate to more than any other?

This Christmas time, we look for fresh understanding in the old familiar words that we will hear many times in the coming weeks. Wonderful Counsellor, we give you thanks for your constant love for us, and your work in our loves. Mighty God, we ask your blessing on this troubled world during this season of love. Everlasting Father, hold us close and help us to hear your voice. Prince of Peace, grant us peace at this time of stress and busy-ness. Amen


I really cant choose one tittle above the others. They all mean sooo much to me and God has been and is all of these and more.

When I am feeling low and at my worse or even when I need to talk things through, He is my Wonderful Counsellor.

When I am stressed and when things are all over the place or when i'm about to blow my top, He's my Prince of Peace

He has taken the place of a father who doesn't care about me or my children and will forever be My "Daddy" He looks after me and is my Everlasting Father, he'll forever be my Dad.

There's no situation he cant help me with, no weapon formed against me shall prosper. He has my back!! He's a Mighty God.

There are soooooooo many more titles that He is to me..... He's all that and a Bag of Honey Roasted Cashews!!!

No comments: